Your home is one of your most valuable assets. Homeowners Insurance provides financial protection in the event that your home or contents are damaged. It also provides liability and guest medical coverage, which may protect you for an incident in which you are held legally responsible. We will strive to provide you with the best protection while maintaining a competitive price. We will look at a number of insurance providers to obtain the best policy based on pricing and overall coverage. We can also provide coverage to: renters, condo, mobile home, landlord/ rental home and provide flood coverage.
What’s covered; what’s not:
Most homeowners insurance policies will cover damage caused by such perils as fire, windstorms, hail, lightning, theft, or vandalism. There are other homeowners policies that cover additional perils as well. Typically, floods and earthquakes are excluded. It’s important to talk to your agent or Travelers representative to learn what your policy may and may not cover. And for those perils that are not covered, there may be supplemental insurance you can purchase.
What most standard homeowners policies provide:
- Dwelling coverage. Pays to repair or rebuild your home – including electrical wiring, plumbing, and heating and air conditioning – if damaged by a covered cause of loss. It’s important to buy enough dwelling coverage to cover the cost to rebuild.
- Other structures coverage. Pays for damages to detached structures like garages, sheds, fences, and cottages on your property.
- Personal property coverage. Reimburses you for the personal items in your home that may be damaged or destroyed by a covered cause of loss, which could include your furniture, clothes, sporting goods, and electronics.
- Loss of use coverage. Pays your additional housing and living expenses if you must move out of your home temporarily while it’s being restored.
- Liability insurance. Helps protect your assets and cover your defense costs in the event of a lawsuit because you or your family members are responsible for causing injuries or damage to other people or their property.